Facts About Walking Your Dog
Walking dogs is good for dog health
- 1. Canines are active by nature, and it is their nature to be mischievous and lively. So whether it's a puppy in its formative years or a large dog aging, it's important to get outside and active. A survey found that dogs who grow up with sufficient exercise generally live more than 12 years.
- 2. Going for a walk not only can exercise the dog's body, but the sun's ultraviolet rays can also kill bacteria and parasites on the dog.
- 3. It consumes their excess energy and makes them quieter at home.
- 4. Exercise is essential for dogs. Lacking exercise, it is easy to obesity, as, with people, obesity means that various diseases come along.
- 5. Walking the dog is good for the dog's body and will let it learn how to deal with strangers and other dogs and develop their social skills so that the dog is more psychologically healthy.
Walking the dog is good for the owner's health
- 1. Regular exercise helps fitness and weight loss. Walking the dog is not a costly fitness method. Oh, long-term persistence, you will find their body shape in the unconscious improvement.
- 2. Life becomes more regular. Walking the dog makes you develop good habits.
- 3. Relax your body and mind and eliminate stress. Nowadays, urban life is fast-paced, people's moods and emotions are in a tense state, if not released for a long time, it is easy to lead to subhealth, and regular dog walking can slow down the fast pace.
- 4. Expand your circle of life and meet more friends. Walking your dog time, you are likely to meet many other dog owners or strangers who are attracted to your dog.
What's the Best Time to Walking a Dog?
Taking your dog out in the morning before breakfast is a good habit to have,The morning walk should last half-an-hour to an hour.
The next walk will be during midday, and you can choose if you want to do it before or after lunch.
the last walk will be in the late afternoon or evening, This should be the longest walk and include games and exercise
How much exercise dose a dog need every day?
Puppies generally have more energy than adult dogs and so require more exercise in short bursts. Since puppies are constantly growing, including several short walks or play sessions throughout the day is safer than going for a one really long walk.
- High-energy breeds: Require a lot more exercise than low-energy breeds
- Low-energy breeds: Require less exercise than high-energy breeds
Restrict her run to a walk, Talk with your vet about exercising your senior dog, and observe her behavior. You know your dog best and are the best judge of how much exercise your dog can comfortably handle.
What Do You Do if an Off-leash Dog Approaches You?
- Stay calm
- Look around and find its owner
- Use the leash to control your dog
- Shout at the off-leash dog
- Choose a place you are familiar with
How to Make a Dog Walk More Enjoyable?
Let him sniff around
Dogs sniffing around outdoors are an important way for them to distinguish their territories. This is the critical nature of dogs. Leading them to sniff around can release their nature.
Let him socialize
In order to care of this concern, first you could let the dogs get close and sniff each other without letting go of the leash.
Take him to an appropriate place
Depending on where you live, a dog park, the mountains, or the beach are perfect places to walk your dog.
How to Prepare My Dog for a Walk?
- Dog waste bags
- Treats to reward your puppy
- A phone for emergencies
- Any doggie apparel if needed
- A bottle of water and a pop-up doggie bowl
- Dog Harnesses or Dog Collars
- Dog Muzzles
Why the Dog You're Walking is Barking at Another Dog？
Although dogs rarely greet each other with a bark when they first meet, they will sound out another dog by barking. If the other dog hears the bark and backs off, the dog will immediately chase the timid dog out of its territory. But if the other dog seems strong, the dog will skim off, afraid of angering the other dog. Familiar dogs also like to welcome each other by barking twice, and this barking usually does not last all the time.
Pretend to scare
The big dog is calm and quiet, but the puppy is always noisy. Outside, the puppy usually speaks first and barks at the opposite dog. But this kind of barking is not to provoke other dogs but to bark in a pretentious manner for self-preservation: you don't come over, you don't come over, or I will bite someone. The attack power is so small that it can only rely on a mouth to yell.
Desire for aggression
Some dogs are more territorial and are very nervous about protecting their territory every time they go out for a walk. If you meet another dog, it will also bark at the other dog. If the other party also wants to fight, they will certainly bark at each other. The owner must tug into the dog's leash at this time, lest any accidents occur.
How to Let Your Dog Stop Barking At Other Dogs?
Walk the dog must hold a leash! Otherwise, if any accident happens, the owner has no way to control the dog well. In addition, to let the dog learn to follow the line, not run around. Walk with training, in fact, is to let the dog recognize the owner is the leader of a process, generally in the dog pack, the leader in the front of the line. If the dog is allowed to storm ahead, it will think that he is the leader and has to fight for the pack. If the dog is dragging the owner, the owner can immediately stop and pull the leash sideways to the left or right direction to interrupt the dog's current state. Please wait for it to sit obediently and then move on.
Dogs also need to socialize, but if the dog overwhelms other dogs in place, keep rushing other dogs with their bodies. The owner should pull the two dogs apart as soon as possible to avoid escalating the situation.
If your dog has strong aggression, a muzzle may be a good choice when, in fact, under the guidance of a veterinarian.
The time spent walking your dog can make the bond between you and your dog deeper and make your dog more loyal to you. PDF
Don’t forget to leave your questions below the comments at the end of the article. If you found this article useful and interesting, please don’t forget to share it with your friends and family.